Thursday, March 24, 2011

Update on Abbie

I have been crazy busy moving this last week and to top in off Abbie has been sick.

It started 2 weeks ago with cold like symptoms. We waited a couple of days and took her in to make sure it wasn't an ear infection. It wasn't!

So we went on for about a week and then Monday came, running a 104.5 fever and the vomiting started.

We ran to the ER and the did a swab for RSV and a cheat xray. All came back negative. Go home, must be sinus infection (that's what the ER doc said)

We are now at Thursday and follow up with our pediatrician and she isn't doing any better, she has been on amoxicillin since the ER. And we can't get her temp down with tylenol and ibuprofen.

Today the doc did a flu swab and checked her for a UTI and I hated that. She cried the whole time. Both are negative.

She said if she isn't better Saturday then to call her back and we will see what other routes to take.

So say a quick prayer for my baby!!!

Staying hydrated with a milkshake.













- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Poor thing!!! I am in the same boat. Was diagnosed with a sinus infection and days later I am no better and it's in my chest now. It sucks! I hope you find out whats going on and she starts feeling better ASAP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor thing:( Prayers for sure!!

    ReplyDelete