Thursday, January 27, 2011

Questionable Parenting, HA!!!

Does anybody else feel like they majorly "FAIL" at being a mom?
I have doubts, lots of doubts!


Am I a good mom? I hope so.....I try to be.

Owen just sat in time-out for 4, 3minute sittings, back to back.
Why? Because he told me that he would NOT pick up his toys.

This child will be four this summer, I am not setting up the cycle to be his slave. I understand that it won't be near as organized as I would like it to be, and that's fine. I want him to try, there doesn't have to be any rhyme or reason at this point. But when I tell him to go pick up his toys and he says NO, ha, slap this momma in the face.

Not at option son, sorry!!!

So, I put him in time out, the timer (yes, I set a timer because it seems more effective with him) beeped. I asked the question again, "Owen, go pick up your toys"....His answer, again, "NO". OK, continue to sit there and we will start the timer again. FOUR times we did this and finally he said that he would. And that is what he is doing now. Thank God, I already had called my husband and asked him if it would be neglect if I made him sit in time out until lunch time cause I was not giving in on this one.

Now, was it a big deal that he didn't want to do it, no, was it a big deal that he point blank looked at me and told me NO, yes!

Yes, I understand that he is just three but really, we are getting closer to four now and I have to start somewhere with him knowing that what I say, I mean.

So, does anybody else question their parenting skills on days like this??






Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I understand where you are coming from. I think we all have our doubts from time to time. I think that it is wonderful that you stood your ground on the respect issue. To many people cave because it is easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... cant say that I know what you mean! lol Just think he isn't even the the sassy one! You wait till little miss is older!!

    ReplyDelete