Thursday, January 13, 2011

One of those days.....

Today is one of those days, and yes, I have many. Abbie is on day FOUR of not napping. What do I do????? She goes to be every night by 7:30 and never once get up. Of course, I couldn't get that at nap time when I would like to hit the treadmill or jump in the shower. Since she is in a toddler bed now she can get in and out of it with ease. Unlike the crib where it took a lot of effort to climb over its edge. (hints why she is already in a toddler bed) She will climb out and play with her toys, or open her door and laugh as soon as she sees me. She knows exactly what she is doing. Honestly, it's hell on this momma. I literally get up and put her back in bed MULTIPLE times and finally give up because lets face it, my 15 month old is more stubborn than me. Hard to imagine!! (She gets it from her daddy :))

I had one of those days where I felt I needed to be productive. I pulled out the fridge, cleaned behind it. I was actually appalled at how dirty it was. Thank God my grandma lives so far away, she would have gotten on her hands and knees and cleaned it. I used my Shark Pocket Steam Mop (if you don't have one, get one) and went to town on that floor, I bleached the outside of my fridge and just gave it a good wipe down. It's amazing to me how dirty they can get and you don't even realize it.

I also sent my hubs to the store today to get toilet paper, NEVER again. I can't stand the cheap stuff!!! So, what's he buy.........the cheap stuff! Aggravating, haven't I taught him anything in our 6 years of marriage?

Owen is refusing to sleep in his bedroom. The doc says to continuously make him, when he gets up, walk him back to his room and tuck him in and that it will take several times of doing this. Great, another challenge I am not looking forward too. Again, where do my kids get this stubborn streak?? I know that his room isn't scary, we bought a fish tank for noise, he helped pick out everything in his room when we redid it, he has a night light and one of those things that shoots the solar system on the wall. In reality, I would love to sleep in his room ;) So we have decided on Monday night we are going to start with walking him back to his room and tucking him back in. Say a prayer Monday for us!!

I have seen some recent blogs about scentcy, have any of you used them, do you like them? Let me know, I need something besides candles all of the time.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I don't know you from Adam but I enjoy reading your blog. Its nice to know that there are moms out there that have "those" days... Lola, almost 17 months, is on a whining streak... I have no idea what her deal is. I am at a breaking point of either a mental breakdown or worse(a lot of exaggeration there.) But in all seriousness, its getting to me. And I am amazed Abbie is in a toddler bed, I'm not brave enough to switch Lola... Thanks for being so honest about life, it makes me feel better to read about other people who feel like me!

    ReplyDelete