Thursday, November 18, 2010

Happy 6 years.....

6 years ago I was on a plane to Las Vegas!!!

We had a whirlwind "courtship" and married quick. I am so thanful for that. I married the man of my dreams and the perfect father to my children. Our situation to getting married might not have been ideal. I was pregnant, we got married. It was pretty simple!

We have had our ups and downs in our relationship along this journey and I wouldn't choose to have them with anybody else. We lost our first child not even a month after we got married. Talk about trials!! I have the strongest husband that was there for me in ever sense of the word. I could never thank him enough.

Duke knows me more than anybody, I can honestly say that he is my best friend. I am proud of the man he has become. We have watched each other grow over these last couple of years. I pray that we will continue on this journey and show our kids the love we have for each other. I want to lead by example.

Both of our parents divorced early on. I can't remember my parents being together and Duke's memory of his parents is short lived. We both feel that now days its easy to get divorced, too easy. We don't want that to be us. (I do believe there are reasons for divorce and I respect that, it doesn't mean you gave up in some situations where you got divorced). I just hope that when things get tough we can continue to go to each other and God for guidance.











I will never forget that day, 6 years ago that I married my husband in the back seat of a rental car in "the little white chapel" drive thru ........yes, what a story to tell our kids, mommy and daddy married in a car in a drive thru wedding!!

I can't thank God enough for blessing me with such an awesome, generous, loving, supportive and genuine husband. I can only pray that he feels as blessed for having me in his life. Happy Anniversay!!!

Photobucket

1 comment: