Saturday, October 9, 2010

My baby girl turns 1 and picture overload.

The last two weeks has been CRAZY. My little girl turned ONE. I had planned this awesome first birthday party for her, I had ALL of the ideas in my head and of course I planned to finish them the week before. We ended up going to Pizza Hut and getting a basic cake from Schnucks. My grandpa passed away last week and I have been out of town. I did get some pictures and I hope you enjoy.










Since we were out of town we went to the Cotton Carnival and Parade. It was so fun and I loved the carnival food and watching Owen get excited. My favorite picture is the one of my dad and all of his grandkids.






































We were able to spend alot of time with my family. I enjoyed it but I hated the circumstances that brought us there. Owen has a new best friend though. My Uncle Kevin!!! He took Owen on several rides with his "big truck". Needless to say, he stole Owen's heart =) We even got home and he told Duke's dad that he missed Kevin and his big truck, L.O.V.E. it!!! It seems like when stuff happens it brings everybody together and I really loved that part of it. Spending time with cousins, aunts and uncles, brothers and sisters. It is extremely hard to lose somebody that is the center of your family. My grandpa was a great, honorable, generous man. I miss him selfishly, I know that he is so much better and healthier. But even knowing that, I still miss him and I want him to answer the phone when I call. I know that God is in control and he has a plan for everything. I truly believe that.


I am happy to be home and back to routine, the kids and I both need it!! Tomorrow we are trying another church and the going to the Hartsburg Pumpkin Festival with the kids =)


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. What a FUN time! Shei s just ADORABLE! Happy 1st Bithday Miss Priss!!!
    Sorry to hear about your family's loss. It's a hard one to swallow sometimes, but it seems that he fullfilled God's desires on this earth. he was called Home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like she enjoyed her cake:) Yum!!

    ReplyDelete