Monday, July 5, 2010

Fourth of July Festivities ;)

It has really been forever since I have blogged. Everything has been going on or going wrong. We replaced the compressor in my car this month, new brakes in both vehicles, wheel bearings in Duke's truck, and to top it ALL off, I was mowing the yard for the hubs, ran over a metal spring and it flew and busted out my window in my car. SERIOUSLY?!?! We called everywhere. Prices ranged from $500-$900 for it. Really, it was the back window, not even the windshield!! My hubs went to the office the next day and started calling around, we (meaning him) found one for $75 and a used store, and they shipped it to their local store for $75 ;) Thank God!!
After all of the vehicle work was done we decided to celebrate. We bought fireworks for Owen, he even helped pick some out. We went to my father-in-laws house and played around in his back yard.







Duke smoked ribs and a pulled-pork! DELICOIUS ;)

We chowed down. We ended up going down by the river to watch Jeff City's fireworks. We found a low key place where nobody else was and it was perfect to say the least.



We are still lighting fireworks.
I have a million other things going on this week. We are getting ready for vacation this week and I have shopping to do, packing, and cleaning before we leave. I am scared that I am going to forget something. Please Pray for my sanity this week.
re

3 comments:

  1. What Fun!! Sorry to hear about all car problems :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww sounds like a perfect night! The pictures are great girl!! ;) Praying for you!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm craving barbeque now! That meat on the grill looks GOOD! Hope you have a better week this week!

    ReplyDelete