Saturday, July 17, 2010

{birthday celebration and first day of vacation}



I know that so many of you are waiting for the post about our family vacation in Branson. So, here it is, you're welcome! But first, here are some pics of the night before at the Winery. It was a dear friends birthday and a couple of us surprised her at the winery. It was such a nice evening with a decent breeze and great appetizers!





We originally weren't supposed to head down until Sunday, but we loaded up and went to Saturday hoping that the hotel we were staying in would have an opening. Brilliant idea because they did. Plus it gave us an extra day of vacationing. On the way down we stopped in Springfield at Bass Pro. For some reason I just love that store, it might be the smile on Owen's face when he sees the fish and turtles. It could also be that my hubs bought me a really cute North Face sweatshirt. Thanks Dukie ;)We hung out there for a bit, I just love all of the stuff they have to look at. I could tell you nothing about hunting/fishing/ or anything outdoors, but it puts me in awe to see how much people spend on that kind of stuff. I will NO longer complain with my husband wants to buy a $9 football magazine.






We left Bass Pro and I spotted a Krispy Kreme, seriously, can anybody pass one without stopping? Then we hit the highway for the remainder 30 minutes to Branson. We went to our hotel, got our key and unloaded. We hit the hay early knowing we had a lot that we wanted to take Owen to do. First on our list was the Dinosaur Museum. Owen was literally FIRED UP! They had a huge dino painted on the building and when he saw that it was crazy. He kept saying "momma, look, daddy, look" We told him we were going to go in and see more big dinosaurs and he could pick out something to buy. "Thank you momma, Thank you daddy, oh, thank you thank you thank you"......that's pretty much how it went!! After that we took him to ride the tea cups and the little train. LOVED it. Enjoy the pics, back with day 2 soon.













3 comments:

  1. Awwww... glad you had a GREAT famiy vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a Krispy Kreme in our town and it is sooooo yummy! If I happen to be over there and the hot and now sign is on my car won't go on until it has turned in - I have no control over it!

    Love that store - really how cool is it that they have fish and everything inside that store. My kids would love that!!!!

    Your family is beautiful! Love your kiddos - so cute. Thanks for following me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our journey has begun!... secretly though =)

    If I’ve left you this message, you’re a follower of my original blog ~OR~ just someone I’ve happened upon while sending out these invites and decided I would LOVE for to come along for the ride! Though I won’t be revealing who I am just yet – until we’re TO and THROUGH the first trimester! Just getting the word out about our new site – further explanation of all the secrecy and what we’re about on my first post now up. I’d love for you to stop by.

    Exciting things going on around here!

    http://www.definitelymaybebaby.com/

    ~ the {secret} *Maybe* Baby Mama

    ReplyDelete