- OK, so I have some cute pics of my babies playing at a local "indoor inflatable play place" (did you get all of that?). Owen had so much fun, like always! I am so proud of him. I always question his behavior because it seems like when we are at home or at the grandparents house he acts up SO bad. I know at grandpa's house he does it because he is used to getting what he wants from him. I have worked hard on setting boundaries, but I try to "pick and choose" our battles. Plus, we have focused so much attention on Abbie and she is so little that we can't get on to her right now, so of course Owen acts up more. But the point of all that is that when we actually go somewhere he acts good. He remembers his manners, says please,thank you, and excuse me. Those are the moments that make me proud. When he acts so bad at home I try to let it slide since he does act good in public. (crazy how all of that works)!
- Abbie is getting so big, hard to believe that she is almost 8 months. She has a good little appetite but she is just so petite. We are eating 2-3 step 3 jars of baby food a day plus all of her bottles. I really want to start working finger foods in her diet. Right now she has had the Mum Mums, and I feel safe with those. But I don't know what else to try. I have a fear that she will choke one day while I am here by myself and I will forget everything that I am supposed to do. Does anybody else have that fear?? What else did you try with your kids? And do you have any suggestions as far as the sippy cup goes. We have tried 3 different ones and all she wants to do is chew on it. Our pediatrition said that we would probably have a set back with her since she was in the hospital for that 8 days and that takes a toll on them. But she is finally starting to catch up with where she should be. Thank God!!
- We have been working on his birthday party and I have been so stressed trying to do it all and plan it all and make sure every last detail is planned out. Which is very hard from 3.5 hours away from the party destination. I didn't want to have to drag everything in the car, unload it all, and load it all back up. And I didn't want to spend my weekend getting the finishing touches together instead of visiting with my family. So the hubs and I sat down and decided to book this place called Jumping Jacks. Its similar to the place here that I took Owen to. I am so relieved. I think it will be awesome and he will love it!!
- My air conditioning in my car went out, we have it scheduled to be fixed this coming week. The compressor went bad, and lets just say that this is a $709 problem that I was not wanting at this time! We have Owens bday in June, and our family vacation in July. I am thankful that we have had my car for 5 years, we bought it new and this is the only problem that we have had with it. So, I can't complain!!
- We had a guy come show us a Rainbow vaccume tonight, and lets say "I am in love". It amazes me at all of the dirt that mine doesn't get up. I am trying to talk to the hubs about getting one. He, like any man, can't justify that much for a vaccume. So if any of you have one, let me know what you think! And do you think its worth the money =)
- It's 11:30 and I NEED to go to bed!! Goodnight all......
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Sunday, May 23, 2010
We didn't have a crazy weekend or anything too exciting to talk about. We hung out and hit some garage sales, I will post pics of my great finds tomorrow. I am really happy with everything I came home with and my poor van was loaded to the top. So bad that I had to reach up into the car to hold stuff in when I lifted the back hatch. SAD, I know =)
Today we didn't do much either. I love weekends like this! We went to Target and did some shopping, found a couple of things I didn't need but bought anyway. Went out to eat Mexican, it was delicious! I swear, Owen could eat a whole bowl of salsa. We ran to Lowe's, Petco, Shoe Carnival, and grandpa's house. Came home....gave the kids a bath and snapped some pics! Love my kiddos :)
Check out Abbie's pout in this one...
Owen's meanface =)
Owen loved to play with the colored rice!
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
And a pick of Abbie eating her popsicle!! YUM =)
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
I had Bunco Monday night and my friend Stephanie hosted! Her theme was mexican food and she had FRUIT SALSA!! I loved it :) Of course I had to get the recipe and I thought I would pass it on to you. I just finished making a batch to go with dinner! Super easy.... I did take out the rasberries and added blueberries!
You chop and combine
Add 2 tablespoons (rough guess, and microwaved so its easier to stir) of Apricot Preserves, mixed with 1 tablespoon of sugar to the mixture of fruit and stir!
Put it in the fridge to get cool, its delicious!
I made homemade chips. Take round (10 inch) tortillas and cut in triangles with a pizza cutter. Spray both sides with Pam, butter flavored.
On one side sprinkle a sugar cinnamon mixture to the top and then spray again.
Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes on 350 and YUMMY!!!
Aslo........my cousin Ashley from Ashley's Avenue has entered a contest to win a free backyard makeover, she could use the votes! So head on over to this website,
and vote for her (theirs is titled "in need of a patio"!!
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Happy Mother's Day to all of you bloggin mommas!
Friday, May 7, 2010
The concert will be so fun, its Hank Jr, Eric Church, and Jamey Johnson. So prepare for lots of pics when we get back!
Happy Mothers Day to all of you momma's out there!!!