Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Man!

After reading Natalie's recent post about her man I thought I would go ahead and do the same. Figured you would want to know a little about my hubs and the father to my wonderful babies :)

First is how we met....
I had moved into an apartment with one of my girlfriends that I worked with at the time. The same day we moved in, so did our neighbors! Duke happened to be one of those neighbors, moving in with one of his good friends. I saw them carrying things in, but here was a girl helping him. I figured she was with him, later I found out that she was with his buddy and just helping them move. They would always have their apartment door open and all of their friends would be playing nintendo or watching football. It would always crack me up, I would think, "why in the world do they leave their door open, nobody else cares to see what they are doing"! Little did I realize that when they didn't have their door open I would wonder what they were up to! Ha, don't tell him that. We would say hello as we passed by, chatted a couple times, just became acquantences. One night he asked my friend and I if we wanted to go out. We said sure! I would have to say that he had me with his humor! If you have ever met my husband you will know that he is witty, smart, and hilarious!! Never serious (which sometimes could be a downfall). Anyway, that night started something. We started hanging out more, he would be there when I got off work and we would hang out. He slowly turned into my best friend at the time. We did everything together. Things were great with us. I loved it, I loved him! We were together a short period of time and I realized I was pregnant. I told him, we were both up in the air. Everything was going great between us! Now what!? We had to do what was right. He never proposed but we knew we were going to get married. Just didn't know when. Turns out, we told his dad about the pregnancy, he told us that if we wanted to get married he would fly us to Vegas and pay for us a whole trip there. AWESOME!! I was 7 months pregnant when we went. We were together not even a full year when we got married. That was almost 6 years ago. Met in January, married in November and had a son in December (we delivered a still born son at 33 weeks of pregnancy). Our marriage was tried then after a month. We were each others support during that time. We had a funeral for our son and continued to grow closer together. Everybody told us during that time that it would either make us or break us. We made a decision at that time that we would make it work. Thats what we have done!!

Who is your man? Dennis Wayne Wheat Jr....aka "DUKE"

How old is he? 31

How long have we been together? 6 years

What does he do for a living? Repairs appliances

Who is taller? we are the same height, which is why I rarely wear high heels

Who sings better? totally him!

Who pays the bills? He financially pays them but I write all of the checks!

Who pays when you go out? Normally me. I always tell him, "I will pay with your money"!

Whos temper is worse? Mine, he never gets mad!!

Who takes out the trash? I take it out of the can and put it by the back door so when he ocmes through the garage he takes it to the can

Who does the laundry? I do! He helps :)

Whose parents do you see the most? His dad

Who wears the pants in the family? Love what Natalie says.....he may be the head of the family but I am for sure the neck!!

Who proposed? There was never really a proposal.

Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? HA, we don't do that!!

Who drives when you are together? depends, me if he drove a lot that day.



4 comments:

  1. That is so cute Sarah! I was going to ask you how you all met! I think you both are really strong after what you went through with you first baby. It's amamzing how much you can learn about someone from a simple post. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! So glad to get to know you! Hope your having a great day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah! Thanks so much for stopping by and saying hello on my blog, so I wanted to say hello as well~
    You have a beautiful family and what a special guy (hold on to him tight!). Can't wait to see what you guys are up to next~

    (and I feel horrible because I accidentally deleted your comment before it appeared on my site!!! I have yet to figure out half this blogging stuff LOL)
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! What a great idea!! Girl, I am loving your new layout! ;)

    ReplyDelete