Monday, April 19, 2010

I am back!

We went out of town this week for an impromptu trip! We went to my hometown, Sikeston, to see my sister get baptised! I am so proud of this girl, she has turned her life around and I love her for that. She has had a rough life and been through a lot of stuff and I can simply say that I am loving the young woman that she is turning into. I was happy to see the family that came to church and sad that I missed the ones that weren't there. We took Abbie with us and she enjoyed all of the attention and was SO good! Such a happy little girl with her big blue eyes. I am so proud of my kids! Owen stayed with my cousin Jackie so that he could play. Plus, I know that he didn't have a nap and to pull him away from all of the kids and expect him to sit in church just wasn't going to happen. Not peacefully anyway!
Abbie had her 6 month check up on Friday and she weighs 16.2 lbs and was in the 50th percentile; her length was 25.75 also in the 50th percentile. She is just a petite little girl and I love it! She rolled over often before she got pneumonia and had to go into the hospital and now she doesn't have much of an interest in it. She has started sitting up on her own but topples over pretty quick. Her pediatrician is ok with it since she was in the hospital for 8 days they said that could play a part it in because she didn't get any "tummy time" then. But thats ok, she is a happy and healthy baby and I am THANKFUL for my little ones.

We pulled into town Saturday night and headed over to Deanna and Joe's house. Owen loves hanging out with their little girl Morgan (they are also expecting any day now a little boy). Sunday morning we woke up and headed to my dads. My dad and stepmom enjoy the kids so much! I really am thankful that my dad found a good woman. Connie is such a sweetie and loves her grandbabies!! My dad has had a tough couple of years, he battled prostate cancer and WON! All of his tests have came back positive! PRAISE GOD!! I am not ready to give him up just yet, we are finally getting close.
My dad and Abbie...


On another note......
Owen will be 3 this summer and I am so excited! We are having him a dinosaur themed birthday party, so any ideas would be great!!!

Yes, he decided he needed to pee right in my dads front yard...







4 comments:

  1. What a GREAT page! love it :) Thanks for sharing this with us Sarah!! Glad your Dad is winning the battle...wonderful. Love the pics on this page. What a beautiful family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you found my blog! Your blog is cute. I look forward to getting to know you & your family through it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for you sweet comments!! Love all your pictures and you have a great family!! That is great news for your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for you sweet comment on my blog! What a cute idea for a dinosaur themed birthday party. I bet that will be a hit! My son would love that!

    ReplyDelete