Monday, January 4, 2010

21 day fast?????

I read a lot of blogs and most of them are talking about a 21 day fast at their church. Well, I don't go to church there but I do think that I need to spend more time worshiping and thanking God for what he has done in my life. I always ask God to look over my family and I go to him when I have problems or need help. However, I never sit down so say "thank you". Things are going to change this year. I want my life to change, I have a great life, don't get me wrong! But I can make things better. I want my kids to grow up thankful and blessed, in ALL the right ways. I don't just have my life to live I have to look out for my babies, and if I don't go to church, then they don't go to church. I want more and better for them. So, beginning this year, things are changing. I need help though, I know myself enough that I have to be pushed, so I have enlisted my husband to help me. MOTIVATION :) We want to find a church home, so wish us luck as we begin this process. Back to the 21 day fast, my husband and I have been talking about not going out to eat, and thats all we do, is talk about it! So, this next 3 weeks are going to be our trial, we are NOT going out to eat at all, and we have decided to not go shopping except for NEEDS and groceries. We have made this committment and I hope we can stick with it :) So please keep our family in your prayers as we learn more about what God has planned for us!

1 comment:

  1. Hey cuz! We are doing the fast for 21 days with our church! The goal is to get rid of something that is a stronghold in your life, & focus on God & reading the Bible during that time. It's to focus on something big that you want God to help you with!

    I have so many things that I don't even know where to start but I have decided to fast from FB, sweets, & soda's! It's been great so far today, minus the headache! ;) God is good!

    Prayin for ya! ;)

    ReplyDelete