Saturday, October 10, 2009











Let me tell you about my little girl! She is awesome, gorgeous, soft and sweet :) I love her so much already, its crazy how that works.
I am having difficulty breastfeeding, so pray that God shows me which way to go. She has lost 1/2 lb (9oz) since yesterday and she wants to latch on every 45 minutes because she isn't getting enough colostrum. It is tiring me out, plus she just isn't getting enough and she has such hard time latching on. This is not as "easy" as I thought it would be. So we chatted with the pediatrician about supplementing with formula at night, we tried our first bottle this morning and she threw it up. So we tried again tonight, and she was great with it, and actulally went to sleep for longer than 30 minutes. So hopefully I will breastfeed all day everyday and then at night she can go for formula..... I hope this works!! I want it to where she will will get the nutrition from breastmilk, and also can be fed by someone else when needed, whether we have a dinner date or something comes up and we have to find a quick babysitter.
Anyway, I am so tired and want to get some rest. Wish me luck.
P.S. Look how well Owen is taking up with her! He is going to be such an awesome big brother.

1 comment:

  1. She's a beauty!! Mom said she is just amazing! ;) Can't wait to see her! XOXOXOXOX!!!

    ReplyDelete